Lack of energy can be a frustrating condition. Even if you have the desire to make lifestyle changes, not having the energy to do it can be a roadblock. Fortunately, there are changes that you can make in your life to help increase your energy levels.
When looking for the right foods that will help you increase your energy levels, ensure that you look for food with:
1. Complex Carbohydrates (Whole grains, fruits, vegetables, brown rice, oats, quinoa, beans and legumes)
2. Good Fats (nuts, fresh greens, avocados, olive oil and coconut oil and even dark chocolate)
3. Lean Protein (Whole grains, beans, legumes, chia seeds, quinoa and lean meats)
4. Water—you should be drinking 9 to 13 glasses per day and more if you a pregnant, nursing or getting ill. Also remember that fruits and vegetables have water in them (blueberries, cucumber, acai berries, apples, pears, goji berries, citrus, spinach, melons, cranberries, apricots, asparagus and cherries).
Here are a few energy boosting recipes that work with these yummy foods. Let us know how you like them!
1. Salad with Horseradish Crusted Steak, Whole Grain Dinner Roll, Blueberry Yogurt Parfait and Peppermint Ice Tea
2. Healthier Hearty Omelet
3. Turkey Wraps and Curry – Chutney Mayonnaise and Peanuts
4. Chocolate, Chia and Banana Smoothie
5. Open-Faced Broiled Egg, Spinach and Tomato Sandwich
There are many combinations and recipes that can give you that needed boost!